Sunday 1 February 2015

Sunday Outing: 1st February 2015 - Going Macro

I celebrated my birthday this weekend. I was a very lucky girl and my family - knowing how much time I spend with my camera gifted me money to go towards the Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro.

I had wanted this lens since first getting a DSLR so today was a big day :)

We had planned to go on an outing to Wymondham but the with the rain being so on/off we decided to stay in. But with a macro lens rainy days in can mean endless fun and creativity!

How close can I get?

© Katherine Broadbent
 
What can I do to utilise the shallow DoF to my creative advantage?
 
© Katherine Broadbent
 
What does that look like up close?
 
© Katherine Broadbent
 
How far can I push the abstraction?

© Katherine Broadbent



I'm certainly looking forward to the next rainy day! And getting outside to explore the world of texture.

I chose the 105mm 2.8 specifically because it's also a great portrait lens. I have an idea for a portrait project but not the confidence yet. So a bit more research and practical exercises are in order.

Once I've had a decent amount of time with the lens I will do a review post. But I will quickly say, to anyone considering a macro, give Sigma serious consideration, these lenses are epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment