Friday 2 January 2015

New Years Day: Great Yarmouth

Starting as I mean to go on, me and Nick decided to have an analogue day! While I have a 35mm SLR I really wanted to have a go with these two:



The Lomo LC-A+ was a Christmas gift from Nick and The Cannon AF35ML was a bargain I picked up on Ebay. The thing I love about the LC-A+ is that multiple exposures are a breeze! All you do is take your first image, flick a switch and your shutter is primed and ready to go for round 2!

The Cannon AF35ML is a reliable little shooter with the convenience of a built in flash.

Both cameras allow you to set the ISO (which I can't on my 35mm SLR). This is an advantage if you want to shoot with ISO variable film or experiment with over/under exposure when your metering is automatic. I have a roll of Lomo Chrome Purple to experiment with later in the year which features ISO variable from 100 - 400. The higher the ISO the more intense the colour shift! 

New Years Day was spent walking up and down the seafront. But I don't have any photos to share yet since I shot on film! Here's one I took on Instagram to tide you over!



Sadly the Winter Garden has been closed for some time and fallen into disrepair. But this along with the overcast sky made for some atmospheric shots. I'd love to be able to go inside and shoot one day!

Where would you love to shoot? Is it local to you? Or do you have jet setting dreams?

 I got a few shots from outside, it's a lovely Victorian structure.

As it's off season we were able to park for free which was a bonus. It also made us walk further (and find more shots) because the free parking it quite far up the promenade. I finished off one roll, and got half way through two others. I think I will take the LC-A to the industrial estate where I work and finish off the current roll there.

Industrial buildings really inspire me! As you might have spotted in my previous post I have David Lynch's Factory Photograph's. I love this photo book because it made me realise that I am allowed to photograph whatever inspires me. It doesn't matter if it's traditionally beautiful or not. 

All that matters is that; whatever you photograph mean something to you.

If you're interested in David Lynch's photography, stay tuned, Factory Photograph's will be my first review later this month.

1 comment:

  1. I've always had a thing for that building, it just has that decadent Victorian aura that I love. I think there is something similar in Lowestoft but it is a cafe.

    ReplyDelete