Friday 9 January 2015

Friday Adventures: 9th January 2015 at Wells-Next-The-Sea

Today I drove out to Fakenham for an appointment. Since I was feeling under the weather yesterday I decided while I was there I would pop over to Wells for a walk in the fresh air.

Of course, I brought a couple of cameras along for the ride! Namely my main camera a Nikon D300s and the Cannon ML35mm.

First thing was first. I checked the "3 C's"(as Nick dubbed them) were present and correct.

Camera, Cake & Coffee!
 


For the 35mm film I decided to do this time was take a quick snap with my phone to show what might come out on the film. I used the Willow filter on Instagram to emulate B&W film:

© Katherine Broadbent
 
© Katherine Broadbent
  
© Katherine Broadbent
 
© Katherine Broadbent
 
© Katherine Broadbent
 
© Katherine Broadbent
 
 
I'll do a comparison post once the film is developed.
 
These are the digital shots I was most happy with from today, edited:
 
 © Katherine Broadbent
 
 © Katherine Broadbent
Not 100% happy with this one. Will go back to it and see what I can do editing with fresh eyes.
 
  
Criss Cross  © Katherine Broadbent
 
  
 © Katherine Broadbent
 
 
I also met this lil guy who'd been washed up, alone, from Blakeney.
 
 

 
Initially I was quite concerned. After speaking to the coast guard they reassured me that he was probably just resting. As long as he wasn't injured he'd pop back into the sea and swim off. Which he did :)
 
One image I haven't included is one that I am thinking of submitting to Wex Monday - you'll have to wait till Monday to see that one(unless I shoot something else in the mean time)!
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos :D I think Wells is such a great location for photography. Hope you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete