Tuesday 10 March 2015

Wex Monday: Week 10

© Katherine Broadbent
 
So this shot was taken Sunday at Wells Next the Sea. You'll notice my Sunday Outing post for this day was missing.
 
This is because I was a mess.
 
I took my tripod, but forgot the mount.
 
I got everything covered in silt.
 
I dropped my camera (only a few centimetres)
 
And I managed to jam my two filters into the same pouch (without noticing) and scratched them both, one badly.
 
 
 
BUT I WON.
 
This image forms part of my Open Skies series which I will be doing a post about when I have a few more images. You can keep up to date with my progress over on Flickr. 
 
 
I've now got a lovely shiny £20 voucher to spend at Wex Photographic. Which no doubt will go towards a new filter. Check me and the other winners out on the Wex Blog. I particularly liked 3rd place, won by @MushroomGodMat, this week. Check out the beautiful colours in his entry.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the win, Katherine, that's great news. Everyone has one of those days when everything seems to go wrong. I once went on an 800-mile trip to Yellowstone National Park and other venues and everything went without incident. I was in the passenger seat of my car when we finally arrived home. I had a stack of things in my lap and I thought I had grabbed everything until my 100-400mm lens crashed to the ground when I got out of the car. Luckily there was only minor body damage and I'm glad I had a UV filter on because it shattered but the lens was unharmed. I've also done that put 2 filters in the same bag trick :)

    ReplyDelete